MINIFS function lets us find the minimum value in a range based on criteria.
MINIFS allows the user to check multiple conditions in multiple ranges at once.
Please note that this function is available on Office 2019 and for Office 365 users.
The syntax of the MINIFS function is as follows:
=MINIFS(min_range, criteria_range1, criteria1, [criteria_range2, criteria2], ….)
- min_range – This is the range where we want to return the minimum value (based on criteria defined in the following part of the function)
- criteria_range1 – This is the range in which we will check our criteria
- criteria1 – This is the criteria to be checked.
- [optional] criteria_range2 – This is the second range in which we will check our criteria.
- [optional] criteria2 = This is the second criteria to be checked
- And so on…
We can use the following operators within MINIFS function:
> Greater than
< Less than
<= Less than or equal to
>= Greater than or equal to
<> Not equal to
Don’t forget to use the quotation marks ” ” when using these operators!
Okay, now let’s practice the MINIFS function!
Exercise 1 – Basic MINIFS usage
Exercise 2 – MINIFS with two criteria ranges & operators
Remember you can use operators within MINIFS function? Now it’s time to practice 🙂