Welcome to Excel Practice Online!
On this website, you will learn and practice Excel functions and tools!
Now you can practice Excel everywhere! You can even practice on your mobile phone!
Every function and tool has an explanation followed by an online excel exercise which can be solved within the page itself, no need to download anything – All thanks to the amazing powers of Excel Online!
The tutorials are sorted from beginner level to advanced level. If you like this site please share it with your friends! 🙂
Tip for mobile phone users – tap twice on the cell you want to edit in order to edit it.
- New! Top 10 formulas and functions in Excel
- Can’t find what you’re looking for? Suggest a tutorial here!
- Excel Basics – Start here if you are new to Excel! Learn how Excel works, how to perform basic calculations, and how to use cell references to save time and increase efficiency!
- Excel Shortcuts for Windows – Master Excel Shortcuts to save time and increase efficiency!
- Excel Shortcuts for Mac – Learn how to make the most of Excel on your Mac!
- SUM function – Sum multiple values in Excel
- MAX – find the maximum value in a range
- MIN – find the minimum value in a range
- COUNT – Count numeric values in a range
- COUNTA – Count numeric and textual values
- AVERAGE – Calculate average of a range
- Filtering in Excel – Learn how to filter your data using Excel’s Filter Tool
- Excel Sort – Learn how to sort your data in Excel.
- Flash Fill – Excel’s hidden gem for auto-completing data based on a pattern
- Remove Duplicates – Remove duplicate values in a single column or multiple columns!
- IF function – check if a condition is met
- NESTED IF – Multiple if conditions
- Conditional Formatting – Format Excel Cells based on criteria
- COUNTIF – Count cells in range which meet a certain criteria
- SUMIF – Sum range based on criteria
- AVERAGEIF – Calculate the average of a range based on criteria
- SUMIFS – Sum cells using multiple criteria
- COUNTIFS – Count cells using multiple criteria
- MAXIFS – Find maximum value in a range based on criteria
- MINIFS – Find minimum value in a range based on criteria
- VLOOKUP – lookup value and return corresponding value from a table
- Hot!!! XLOOKUP – Excel’s next generation lookup function which combines the best features from VLOOKUP, INDEX MATCH, HLOOKUP and IFERROR/IFNA
- LEFT, MID, RIGHT – Basic Text Functions
- AND/OR – Check if multiple criteria are met (Works great when combined with an IF function!)
- TEXTJOIN – Easily combine multiple cells using delimiter
- CONCAT – Combine range of cells without delimiter
- LEN – Find the length of a cell
- FIND – Find the position of a text within another text (Case-sensitive)
- SEARCH – Find the position of a text within another text (Case-insensitive)
- TRIM – Remove extra spaces from the text
- LOWER, UPPER, PROPER – Convert text to lowercase, uppercase and proper case
- Text to Columns – Quickly split a column into multiple columns using a delimiter. Bonus – Quickly change date formats or convert text to numbers!
- DAY, MONTH, YEAR – Extract day, month and year from a date in Excel
- DATE – Create a date from individual values
- WEEKDAY – Return the number of the day of the week
- EOMONTH – Return the date of the last day of the month based on a specific date
Index & Match lookup
- INDEX – Retrieve cell in nth position in a range
- MATCH – Find position of value in a range
- INDEX MATCH – Just like VLOOKUP, only better.
Other advanced tools
- SUMPRODUCT – Sum the products of Excel ranges
- Excel Wildcards – Advanced searching and matching in Excel
- Advanced Filter – Filter by multiple criteria in the same column, or even in different columns!
- Combine data from multiple Excel workbooks using Power Query
- Column from Examples tool – Learn the secret to mastering Power Query without any prior knowledge!
- Unpivot columns easily using Power Query
Secret Excel Functions
This section covers Excel functions that are not available in most of Excel’s versions. These functions will unlock a new set of capabilities such as fining only unique values, sorting, and filtering – the tutorials below will help you with mastering Excel’s new functions!
- UNIQUE – Extract unique values from a range
- SORT Function – Sort range dynamically
- SORTBY – Sort range dynamically by using another range
- FILTER Function – Filter range by specific criteria
- RANDARRAY – Create an array of random numbers
- SEQUENCE – Create a range of sequential values
Learn how to use Excel to make financial calculations!
- PMT – Calculate the periodic payment amount of a loan, mortgage or another financial instruments
- PPMT & IPMT – Find the Principal and Interest portion of a certain payment
Excel Macros – VBA (Visual Basic for Applications)
- Start here – How to run your first VBA Macro in Excel without knowing VBA? Practice Worksheet
Excel Data sheet for practice
Want to do some freestyle practice? Create your own Excel playground with our blank excel Worksheet!